Governors America Corporation (GAC), is seeking a detail oriented, organized, dependable Electronic Engineer to join our organization in Agawam, MA. The ideal candidate will research, plan, and design Circuit board layouts of engine controllers, instrumentation boards and production test fixtures. The candidate will lead, and coordinate activities involved in design, fabrication, assembly, operation, application, installation, and test validation of new and variant products .
We are looking for a team-oriented engineer that enjoys a diverse workload of new product developments, component obsolescence solutions and custom designed test equipment to support GAC production. Must be able to design robust, fault tolerant circuitry in analog and digital applications. Enjoy testing designs with sound troubleshooting skills and good knowledge of lab equipment (scopes, meters, power supplies, etc.). Be proficient in PCB/schematic layout software, preferably Altium. Write clear and concise lab reports and specifications. Products are typically designed with EMI (radiated and immunity), vibration and temperature testing in mind. Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to the following.
EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING DIGITAL PRODUCTS
• Renesas R8/MIGC
• SPI (EEPROM, Sensor interfaces),
• UART (USB to Serial, RS-232, RS-485),
• Native USB
Actuator and/or torque motor drivers using an H-bridge
Stepper motor drivers using dual H-bridges or dedicated driver IC
A wide array of analog and digital sensors
• Frequency counter (magnetic pickup)
• Voltage and current sensing (drive current, battery voltage, O2 sensor)
• Discrete inputs and outputs
EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING ANALOG PRODUCTS
• Op amps (amplifier circuits analog)
• Solid state (transistor) switches
• Relays, relay driver circuits
• Filter/EMI circuits
• Voltage regulators (linear and switching)
• Clamp circuits and transistor protection
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
• 5 or more years’ experience in a product design and manufacturing environment.
• Strong troubleshooting and Problem-Solving Skills.
• PCB/schematic layout software experience required; Altium experience highly desirable.
• Experience working with internal PCB fabrication shop and final assembly testing groups.
• Thorough understanding of Engineering Change Order system.