The Senior Manufacturing Engineer interfaces with all departments of Operations and Design Engineering in order to maintain, monitor, and improve processes required for a high product quality within an AS9100 environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, support, monitor and maintain various GAC manufacturing processes.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain manufacturing documentation: Fixture drawings, work instructions, routings etc.
- Design and implement assembly fixtures and tooling.
- Direct involvement with Root Cause / Corrective Action (RCCA).
- Identify and/or participate in continuous process improvement projects (CPI).
- Identify and/or participate in scrap reduction projects.
- Actively participate in the new product development (NPD) process.
- Investigate, recommend, and implement manufacturing capital equipment.
- Collaborate with Product Engineering to resolve design related problems.
- Other duties may be assigned based on business requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent organizational skills based on a strong ability to prioritize workload.
- Basic design skills utilizing general knowledge of GD&T
- Solid understanding of Lean Principles and how to implement them
- Good “hands on” analytic and problem-solving skills
- MS Office applications
- MS Access
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BS in Engineering with 7-10 years of experience preferred or equivalent manufacturing background. Should have a working knowledge of electronic / electro-mechanical assembly and testing processes including but not limited to electronic assembly automation (PCBA, SMT, and Thru Mount), IPC J-Std compliant soldering methods, SolidWorks, AS9100 or ISO9001,and/or CNC/ machining experience. Customer quoting knowledge is beneficial.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Retirement plan
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
WORK LOCATION: In person