HAPPY NEW YEAR!
We here at Governors America Corp. would like to take a moment to thank the essential healthcare workers on the front lines of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Thank you, healthcare heros
The ESD5300 speed control unit is rugged enough to be placed in a control cabinet or engine mounted enclosure with other dedicated control equipment. The circuit board is conformally coated to seal out moisture and resist vibration. If water, mist, or condensation can come in contact with the controller, it should be mounted vertically. This will allow any accumulated fluids to drain away from the speed control unit.
24 V DC • Standard Unit
- Two-element speed switch
- Speed ramping idle to operating speed
- Starting fuel control for lower engine exhaust emissions
- Unique actuator power drive circuit
- Accessory inputs for load sharing
- Fixed, Droop, and Variable speed governing capable
- Protection against reverse battery voltage
- Protection against transient voltage
- The ESD5340 is available with a full fuel at start feature for rapid startup in marine applications
- The ESD5330/5340 is specified for the ACB2001 and the ADB335 / ADB335F, but is compatible with all GAC actuators
APPLICATION OF THE MONTH:
Resolving a speed / frequency instability issue on a Perkins 4016, 61L, V16 engine powered gen-set. Perkins 4016TAG, 61L, V16 Engine
A 500+ bed hospital in London, UK called in GAC Distributor, IPU Engine Controls Group, now a part of ComAp Control Limited (UK), to fix an unacceptable instability problem with their emergency standby generator. IPU supplied a GAC ACB2001 actuator and ESD5330 electronic governing system powerful enough to control the engine under no-load and full-load conditions. Paralleling tests demonstrated the system’s ability to reliably synchronize and parallel the gen-set to the grid.
The ESD5330 governor precisely controls engine speed and provides a fast, precise response to transient load changes with every advanced feature GAC offers. It features a powerful actuator drive circuit specifically designed for the ACB2001 actuator that delivers 12 Lb-Ft [16.3 Nm] of torque over 35° of shaft rotation.
|The upgraded gen-set was returned to service on August 24th 2015. Follow-up checks to date have verified that it’s been operating correctly in STOR mode, successfully exporting 1.1 MW of electrical power to the grid twice a week without issue.
|Closed January 1st for New Years Day! GAC will reopen on Monday, January 4th, 2021