ALR Series Actuators
- Simple to Install, Mounts in Place of Existing Shutdown Solenoid, No Brackets, No Linkages
- Spring Return to Zero Fuel
- Maintenance Free / Cost-Effective
- Field Proven on a Broad Range of Customer Applications
- High-Performance Linear Bearings
- High-Temperature / Compact Design
- Extremely Fast ResponsePrecision Governing
- Optimum Resolution / Speed Control with Light Force Speed Controls
The ALR Series Electronic Linear Integral Actuators are designed to mount directly to the engine’s fuel pump in place of the electronic stop solenoids. The ALR Series Electronic Linear Actuator exhibits high quality construction and are designed for high temperature operation. GAC’s unique linear electromechanical technology provides proportional actuator movement, based on actuator coil current. GAC utilizes precision linear ball bearings, instead of bushings, and a minimum number of moving parts to improve response, precision, and reliability.
ALR Applications – Engine Models
ALR series actuators are compatible with a variety of GAC analog and digital speed controllers. Two of the most popular system combinations pair an ALR actuator with the ECC328 analog frequency controller and/or the EEG7000 digital speed controller.
EEG7000 Enhanced Electronic Governor With J1939 TSC1 Capability
- Mini – ECU, J1939 TSC1 Control Capable with Diagnostic Messages (DM)
- Isochronous, Variable or Customizable Droop Governing
- 3 Fixed Speeds or Variable Speed with Direct 0-5V, 5kΩ, or 4-20mA Input
- Built-in USB Port for Easy Configuration with Free Software
- Engine Hour Meter and Service Timer
- Built-in Speed Switch Output for Crank or Overspeed
- Black Smoke Reduction, Speed Ramp Control, Load Sharing / Synchronizing Option and Cummins EFC Capable
- Fully Sealed, IP67
The EEG7000 Enhanced Electronic Governor is designed to precisely control engine speed and quickly respond to transient diesel and gaseous fueled engine loads. When paired with a GAC actuator the EEG7000 is a significant upgrade for any mechanical governor system that needs flexibility, precision, and/or accurate speed control. The EEG7000 is designed for industrial engine applications for generator sets, mechanical drives, pumps compressors, to off-road mobile equipment. The EEG7000 is programmed using the GAConfig Tool, consolidating popular features of past programming tools into a user friendly, compact package. The 7000 can also be controlled directly over J1939 with aftermarket displays such as ComAp, Dynagen, Murphy, Deep Sea Electronics, and Sices: a solution for every application.
A built-in USB port on the front of the unit allows for easy configuration with free software available for download from the GAC website. The GAConfig Tool provides a complete dashboard with a graphical Device Monitor screen, making it easy to optimize each parameter for your individual application.
Application of the Month:
PSP Engines, of Humble Texas, converted several Caterpillar 2.2L engines to electronic governing. They selected the GAC EEG6550 Digital Governors, ALR190-P04-12/24 actuators, and MSP6741 magnetic speed sensors for the system’s superior performance, price point, and ease of installation. The ALR190 series actuator mounts directly onto the fuel injection pump in place of the electric shut-off solenoid and directly engages the fuel control rack. No external linkages or mounting bracketry required.
The EEG6550 digital governor was selected for having the most applicable combination of features. These engines will be installed as water pump drives and the speed ramping control significantly reduces visible exhaust smoke as they accelerate under load. The Light Force governor feature scales the PID governor range of adjustment for these small, low current, actuators providing the best resolution for ease of tuning these governor response parameters. The conversion included two MSP6741 speed sensors shown threaded into the bell housing.