Product of the Month
120 Series Rotary Actuator ADC120S
The 120 Series is a rotary-output, proportional servo electromechanical actuator that combines fast operation, multi-voltage usage, wider rotation angle and proven reliability.
The 120 Series universal actuator is a common solution for mid-size generators including Generac, Cummins B with CAV DPA, Kubota Super Mini Series, Kohler (Lombardini) and engines up to 150 hp [112 kW]. The internal spring provides fail-safe operation by forcing the actuator to the fuel shutoff position when the actuator is de-energized.
The AD120S offers:
- Small, low-cost, low-friction actuator available in 12 or 24 V DC
- 25° Rotation
- Internal spring provides fail-safe operation
- 1.0 lbf·ft [1.35 N·m] torque
- Suitable for rotary or small in-line fuel pumps and small carburetors
- Ideal for fuel systems on engines up to 150 hp [112 kW]
- Includes commercial connector with mating harness
As generators take center stage in supporting electrical needs, the 120 Series takes center stage in recent calls:
- Generator powered by a Perkins YD51206 with an EPG 8290-190
- Irrigation pump powered by a Cummins 4B with CAV/DPA rotary pump
- Generator powered by a Ford ESG642I-6005-A V6 replacing a TQ125 governor
- Generac generator 2.6L gaseous engine with the original governor replacing Generac part number 73285
As a leading provider of engine control products, GAC is constantly battling counterfeit products. Although we filled out the forms and notified online vendors, our most successful tool to battle against counterfeit products is our family of partners and customers.
Counterfeit or cloned products are unauthorized copies of a genuine article, either misrepresented as a genuine item from a specific manufacturer or offered using a specific manufacturer’s part number.
They are offered at cheaper prices because they have been reverse engineered with poor quality materials and loose specifications. They are not designed or tested to GAC’s engineering and quality standards, and cause faster wear, poor reliability, breakage and even engine failure.
“We care about the quality and reliability of the products our partners and customers are installing and servicing,” says Dave Sinaguglia, Director of Sales/Marketing and Applications Engineering at GAC. “We want to protect our partners and customers from defective, low-quality workmanship. Having seen what these non-GAC products can do to an engine, we want to make sure our customers understand what to look for when buying GAC to ensure it is not a knock-off. By contract, our distributors do not stock, sell or promote these counterfeit-clone products.”
Spotting Counterfeit GAC Products
Our website has a handy sheet for more information on identifying clones and counterfeits. You can always call to match the serial number with our records.
Check the label to ensure:
- There’s a genuine GAC logo.
- It says Made in AGAWAM, MA U.S.A.
- It does not say TESTED or COMPLETE.
- There are no typos.
- There is no bar code.
Genuine GAC Label
Counterfeit GAC Label
Check to ensure:
- There’s no wiring diagram on the back of the case.
- Components cannot be fully seen.
- There is no additional, removeable covering.
- The device has a GAC hologram label.
GAC actuators are heavy, solid units that in most cases cannot be disassembled.
- A select few actuators include hologram labels.
- The clones use low-quality connectors and seals, have misaligned covers and often use various types of metal on one unit.
- Clones usually have a very old GAC product manual/specification used in their website display.
GAC always includes two bar codes on our boxes, and features a genuine GAC logo.
The best way to ensure you have a genuine GAC product is to purchase directly from a distributor. Every genuine GAC part is backed by a factory warranty and supported by our application engineers.
Meet Us at a Trade Show
Terry Tackett is on the road! In October, he was joined by Sean Collins, our president and CEO, and Arni Atlason, our senior applications engineer and engine genius, at the Association of the United States Army in Washington, DC.
Terry also attended the Equip Expo and talked about what Governors America Corp, a USA tried-and-true manufacturing company offers. Contact Terry to learn more.
FAQs: Your Questions, Answered!
Need a Replacement? We Have You Covered
It’s generator season here in New England, so calls are coming in as people get ready for winter.
|REPLACE THIS||WITH GENUINE GAC|
|Natural gas powered 2.6l engine, Generac part number 73285||ADC120S, ESD5111|
|Barber Colman DYNA8000 governor on a Ford V8 Turbo||ADC225GS, ESD2401-12, BK267|
|DYNA8000 on a Cummins 6BT||ADC225S, ESD5500E, BK267|
We have full installation instructions available on our solutions pages, or we can provide instructions if you have a specific replacement question. Contact your distributor or GAC directly for more information.
Happenings at GAC
GAC Closed for Thanksgiving
We will be closed on Thursday, November 23, and Friday, November 24, so our employees can enjoy the holiday with their loved ones. We will reopenon Monday, November 27.