ESD5500E Speed Control:
Precision When You Need It
Product of the Month
GAC’s ESD5500E speed control offers versatile solutions for countless engine/actuator applications. Available in Standard, Light Force, Light Force with Enhanced Droop Control or Anti-Windup circuit for optimal control of gaseous fueled engines, the ESD5500E is a powerhouse.
The standard model includes:
- Isochronous, variable speed, droop, idle control
- Multi-V DC
- Adjustable start fuel and speed ramping
- Switchable droop control
- Adjustable PID
- Starting fuel and speed ramping adjustment
- Auxiliary accessory input and +10 v dc supply
- Lead circuit/soft coupling
- Marine certified
Additional models include:
- ESD5520E: Multi-V DC / Light-Force (Low-Current Optimized PID) / Enhanced Droop Control
- ESD5522E: Multi-V DC / Light-Force / Enhanced Droop for Cummins EFC Forward Acting (Normally Closed)
- ESD5526E: Multi-V DC / Light-Force (Low-Current Optimized PID) / Anti-Windup Circuit (Gaseous) / Recommended for T1/T2 ATBs
- ESD5528E: Multi-V DC / Anti-Windup Circuit (Gaseous) / Recommended for T4 ATBs
We have a long history of providing solutions with the ESD5500E, from marine on tugboats to pleasure craft for engine, water jet and generator control, and on land for mobile equipment, construction and power generation. We have proven results on many engines including Baudouin, VOLVO, Deutz, MTU, Detroit, Mitsubishi and Yanmar for fine motor control.
Fun in the Field: Precise Control for Emergency Cooling Water System in Brazil
Application of the Month
A steel mill in Brazil’s Minas Gerias State contracted Distribuidora Cummins Minas Ltda (DCML), the largest Cummins distributor in Brazil, to install and maintain their emergency cooling water system.
DCML installed a KTA50-G9 engine with a PT fuel system and EFC actuator, controlled by an ESD5500E series speed control, to drive a water pump to displace 3600m3 of water (over 951,000 gallons) per hour. The pump runs on an automated system and activates when a power failure or other interruption occurs.
The ESD5500E is programmed to restart in idle speed for 20 seconds, then accelerate under speed ramp control to 1800 RPM. The rate of acceleration is set to correspond with the opening rate of the water repression valve. The system is set to run for one hour each day to confirm function and ensure its availability in the event of an emergency.
The ESD5500E controller was selected for its ruggedness, reliability and ease of operation.
Meet Us at an Upcoming Tradeshow
- Sept. 12–14: Husker Harvest – Grand Isle, NE
- Sept. 26–28: Utility Expo – Louisville, KY
- Oct. 1–3: EGSA Fall Conference – San Antonio, TX
- Oct. 9–11: AUSA – Washington, DC
- Oct. 18–20: Equip Expo – Louisville, KY
Contact Terry Tackett to schedule a time to connect.
Where Can I Find Your Installation Guides?
Product Bulletins are available for download on our website. Go to the page for the product you purchased to find PDF versions of the Product Bulletin, Sales Sheet, User’s Guide and SmartView software and/or the Interface Tool used with a given governor controller.
Happenings at GAC
Celebrating Labor Day
We will be closed for Labor Day on Monday, September 4, and reopen on Tuesday, September 5.
Did you see us on LinkedIn enjoying our MooLicious Farm delicious afternoon treat? It was the first really nice New England sunny day in a long time!